Saturday, December 24, 2016

It's a COMC Christmas

Like most bloggers out there I took advantage of COMC's Black Friday sale and free shipping.  This was my first COMC Black Friday so I made sure to take advantage of it.  Combined with cards I had previously purchased, my Black Friday shipment totaled 140 cards.  I picked up a lot of set and PC needs.  

With such a large amount of cards, my order did not arrive until last week.  I've been slowly making my way through my order by adding them to my collection on the Trading Card Database and ensuring that everything in my order is there.

The first batch of cards I'm going to show off is a small 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen mini insert, the Basics of Baseball.









The watercolor artwork looks fantastic.  I wish these cards weren't mini because it would be nicer to see the paintings in bigger quality. Regardless, the mini size feels like it fits the theme of the cards well.








These cards won't teach baseball collectors anything new but they are still fun to look at.  



These inserts were more expensive than I expected (about $1 per card, on average) so maybe they didn't show up that often in packs.  Even on Sportlots, where cards are usually reasonably priced, they go for at least a dollar. 



I only need three more cards to complete the set: #4 (Head-First Slide), #7 (Tag Up), and #9 (Pitchout).  I seem to recall that they were going for over $2 on COMC so I held off on those for now.




This is just a small look at my COMC order, which I'm sure will provide plenty more blogging material.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Santa brings you lots of cards!
🎄☃☃🎅

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. These are a cute little insert set, though surprised at the price as well, must be related to odds for getting such Inserts.

    ReplyDelete