Friday, December 7, 2018

2018 Card of the Year

It's that time of the year! P-Town Tom of Waiting Til Next Year is again holding a contest for bloggers to show off their favorite card of the year.  Last year I went with a card that was a major retail pull but this year I'm taking it in the other direction.

2018 Score - Red Zone #355 Luke Falk SN20

My favorite card represents my favorite set of the year and the player I collected most of this year.  2018 Score became an instant hit in my eyes the moment I saw it.  The checklist also contained Luke Falk, in his WSU uniform.  I'll always collect WSU players so to see him included in one of my favorite sets was a huge bonus.

I've posted about my search for his rainbow and while I'm pleased to say I'm closer to my goal, it's still not complete.  The only cards I need are from the dumb retail parallels.

The Red Zone parallel matches up perfectly with the WSU colors, which is why it's not only my favorite card from the set but my favorite card of the year. 


6 comments:

  1. Man, retail parallels are a bear to track down. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are just so many to track down, it's bonkers.

      Delete
  2. That's an awesome rookie card of Falk. Hope we get to see him play in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hope he can stay healthy to get a chance!

      Delete
  3. I knew that that this was going to be your pick, it was just a matter of which color you were going to choose!

    ReplyDelete