Thursday, January 11, 2018

Reading A Book(let)


Whichever company invented the booklet card gets a pat on the back from me.  The cards allow for some unique looks.  I've seen booklet cards before but never opened any product where I could reasonably pull a booklet card.  I have wanted a booklet card for a while so it was time to search on eBay.

2013-14 Panini Preferred - Rookie Rotation Memorabilia /#299

There are a lot of nice booklet cards from high end products like National Treasures, which were out of my price range for the moment.  Thankfully this Kelly Olynyk booklet was priced right at $4.99.

It's likely from his rookie photo shoot meaning the material is player worn.  I love the photo selection with the full color photo set next to the silhouette images.  Two decent sized jersey swatches on the end gives the card nice book ends.


The only downside to booklet cards is that leaving them in a plastic snap case does not do the card justice.  I plan to buy a booklet card holder to give it the light of day. 

I look forward to picking up another booklet in the future!

4 comments:

  1. That's a really cool booklet concept. My first one came from the same set, but of Tim Hardaway Jr.. They are Rookie Photo Shoot images/jerseys. Preferred guarantees you at least one booklet but it's such a high priced box for only a couple of cards. I have not been able to justify a box yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw a box for $150. Yikes that is steep for 4 cards. I'll stick to the secondary market on these cards.

      Delete
  2. Don't watch NBA hoops anymore. Never heard of Olynyk. Always disliked the Celtics. But gotta admit... this card is sweet! Love the ghostly multiple images in the background matched with the Celtic green swatches that act as bookends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olynyk was one of my favorite college players and I was excited he got drafted by the Celtics. They are the team I root for in the absence of the Sonics

      Delete