Monday, October 2, 2017

Day 12: Returning to Normal

30-Day Challenge: Day 12


Now that I'm down stirring up trouble with Panini, it's time to return to the 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge!

  • Card: One of your favorite cards from the 1980s
    • 1989 Topps - #647 Randy Johnson
  • Music: A song from your preteen years
    • Rosenshontz - Crazy for Dinosaurs (1988)


My affinity for 1980s cardboard is not that high.  I was not a collector during that era.  Any cards I received were after the 80s ended. 

I selected this card because it's a Randy Johnson rookie card.  Although he was traded away from the Mariners far too early, I will always remember watching him pitch for Seattle. 


A song from my preteen years?  It is really hard to think back that far and remember what I was listening to.  The only thing that sticks out in my mind is Rosenshontz.  Rosenshontz was a children's music duo from the 70s and 80s.  I had (and still have) a couple of their tapes while I was living in New Hampshire that I listened to regularly.

The music and lyrics are obviously kid friendly.  At the same time, the songs are not so obnoxious that adults' ears would bleed.  The songs range from are a mix of folk and rock.  The song above sounds like it could be a Van Hallen song.

This song doesn't have it but sometimes it sounds like Bob Odenkirk is singing. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

2 comments:

  1. Great card. Wish there were more cards of The Big Unit with him featured as an Expo.

    ReplyDelete