Saturday, July 30, 2016

Adventuring in eBay: Quad Relics

Every day it seems like I'm adding something new to my wantlist.  Whether it's a new set to check out, a card to add to my player collection, or a new player to start collecting.  That is one thing I love about the hobby: there is always something new out there.

2016 Topps Museum Collection Four-Player Primary Pieces Quad Relics
Did Not Purchase This Card
With so many cards to collect, I try to be selective on what I'm going to pick.  While the two cards in this post were not on my radar I couldn't pass them up anyway.  I was browsing COMC and come across this quad-relic card.  It features all the essential current Mariners, Cano, Cruz, Felix, and Iwakuma.  You could maybe make an argument of  Kyle Seager over Iwakuma but I'm satisfied.

The above card has a couple awesome jersey pieces with the teal from Felix and the multi-color patch from Iwakuma.  However, the price for this one card was more than I wanted to spend.  Especially for a card I wasn't chasing.  Still, I liked the card concept and I checked out eBay to see if I could find it a little cheaper.  

#9/99


#25/99
Enter the above two cards.  An auction had the Mariners card for a few dollars more than COMC but, and this is a big but, it came with a second quad patch card!  I'm not a Tigers fan, and I don't dislike them either, but two cards is better than one.  The Tigers card is somewhat bland, except for the Carbrera piece. Although I thought if I wanted I could use it as trade bait in the future.

The Mariners card I won is just as good as the card I didn't buy.  It still has two different colored pieces plus it's a lower serial number.  The card layout looks nice and it was a good way to get four relic pieces from four of the best the Mariners have to offer.

Even though these cards were off my radar, they were a nice add to my memorabilia collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment