Sunday, May 29, 2016

No Rest on Sunday

It's been rainy this weekend in Seattle, which is nothing unusual. Mariners lost three games in a three-game series, at home, to the lowly Minnesota Twins, which is nothing unusual.  Even though I expect these things to happen it still doesn't make for an enjoyable time.  However, these blah types of days make for a great time to work on the card collection.

When I first started getting back into collecting my initial project was to add all my cards to the Trading Card Database.  After going through all my boxes and binders, I'm 99.9% sure everything is added.  Counting the old cards and new ones I've picked up this year I'm at almost 3,900 cards, which is quite a lot! Luckily it doesn't seem to take up too much space.  Now that I know what's in my collection, I figured it was time for me to actually organize it.

When I organize things like books and CDs I go for the straightforward route - alphabetically.  I can't exactly do that for cards so I settled upon organizing chronologically by sport.  I will primarily be storing cards in card boxes.  I might uses my excess binders for some smaller complete sets.  I randomly decided to start organizing my basketball cards and started with my biggest set, the 1996-97 Collector's Choice.  This was my favorite card set growing up, as I previously discussed.  I barely managed to fit all the cards and inserts into a 500 count box.  I really hope to collect the full set someday.

So that's how I spent my Sunday.  No new cards or pictures to post today.  It feels good to start getting a hold of my collection and it will also help me when it comes to trading because I will be able to find things easily.

I have some good blog posts coming up including so I'm impressed I've been able to keep up with the content.  I'm also planning some future posts about some cards sent to me TCDB member CrazyJoe and I also bought a box of 24 packs of Topps Series 2 baseball that was on sale this weekend so I'm excited for that.  Sorry for tonight's boring post but more card content is coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Part of the fun of the collection is organizing it and seeing the cards in hand again. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete